Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 3 at the MTC (Onward and Upward)

Greetings Everyone!

This week marks roughly my halfway point of being in the MTC. Not that anyone else is counting, but I certainly am. There are great things to be done here at the MTC, but I'm so ready to hit the field and dig into the real work.

This week has been great, much like last week. I've been rather sick with a combination cold/flu/something that's kept me awake at night and put me through two boxes of tissues and some cold meds. But, despite the opposing circumstances, all of which have been very significant since it's hard to study without sleeping because you can't really breathe very well, I want you all to know that by being committed to the service you are engaged in, you will be blessed. I know I have - I haven't stopped working and studying, and the blessings I have reaped have been incredible. When it says in the scriptures that magnifying priesthood callings will bring the renewing of the body, it's not kidding. Otherwise this week wouldn't have been worth writing about to anybody. So, let's begin.

I'll start off with the man I've talked to in the RC on the phone about the gospel. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to speak with him since, but I did get to leave a message with him and will be calling him back on wednesday. I leave my testimony with him every time I call, and I know that he will be blessed if he'll exercise his fath. I know that because I've had that same experience. It's incredible how our personal experiences can remind us of things we see in others.

Now for the fun parts. First off, over the last few days I've had little to no resistance in speaking jen Cesky. Nada. As necessary, I can break out sentences to describe things both about the gospel and about what's going on. There are many things to learn yet, but each grammar principle we cover opens up new doors of communication. As far as the grammar cases go, I don't have them memorized yet, but from hearing, practicing, and reading the charts, and with promptings from the Spirit, when I trust myself in what I'm saying I come out alright. There are many areas to improve in still, but I'm confident that next week when we sit down to teach about the Restoration in Czech it will be without too much difficulty. I'm already prepping for that lesson, and have the First Vision story down in Czech by heart. I like it more in Czech than english, because the words like "exceedingly" and "This is my beloved son" come across much better ("Przhevyshuyicy" and "Toto yay moy milovany syn!", phoenetically spelled-ish) in my opinion. Nejoblibenjeshi slova for sure. :P

The last lesson we taught at the TRC was great. The language portion went well, and when it came down to teach we were well prepared to talk about pre-earth life and why we're here on earth. The girl from the Czech Republic listened attentively, and all present seemed to learn and grow from what we had to say. I was exceptionally excited when not only did everyone accept a challenge to read and pray about the book of mormon (reading 3 Ne 27, specifically), but when Hana asked about what happens after death. She was genuinely curious, too! It was so cool, and I just got incredibly excited. "We've only got five minutes, but I promise next week we'll have something ready for you!" Ahh! It's so great to be a missionary. I could do this forever! Even when things get hard and I get spat on or thrown rocks at or have doors slammed in my face, or whatever happens, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that what I'm out teaching people is absolutely true! I know it, and I'm so excited to help everyone around me realize that it's true to, to "Call them to a rememberance" of the things they used to know. That's what's so great, is that everyone already accepted this plan and the Truth - we just need to remind them of their decision and help them make commitments here in faith. So great to be here!

My companion and I continue to learn and grow from each other. We've all given a few blessings to each other for different reasons, and on sunday we'll be teaching our district as well as a member of the mission presidency. I'm extremely excited to teach, and love it when I get chances to do so. I think that's the selfish part about this work, for me, is that I've always gotten a great excitement from teaching anything I know to be true, and when I sit down and help to empower people with my testimony and with the spirit,, it's that same excitement times 100. Hmmmm...So great! Màm Rad MTC!

Apart from those experiences, the language, and everything else, things have been remarkably well. I still love getting letters from people! If my family hasn't posted my address to my blog yet, I hope they do soon. Our district is amazing - I actually asked the Branch President about that in an interview with I had with him on sunday, because we all feel we've been incredibly blessed with the people in our district. Any MTC district with worthy missionaries will be made of the finest stuff, but I know that our district is of peculiar testimony and faith. Being with them always makes me happy, and it will be sad to leave them all behind when the time comes to fly in two weeks. Even so, that will be when the real adventures begin.

I hope all is going well at home! You're all in my prayers, and I know that you'll all be blessed as you follow our Savior and strive to become more like him. As one of his servant's upon the Earth, I testify that I Know that Jesus is the Christ, that Truth has been restored, and that by coming unto him in faith we can all discover for ourselves the supreme joy and happiness that comes through dedicated service to our Lord, Master, and Redeemer.

With Love,
Starsi Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment