Monday, February 15, 2010

Transfers again ( Week 9 in Olomouc, Week 44 in Czech )

Hey Everybody!

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to get much more out this week than a few words. Transfers have come, I'll be serving with Elder Nestman again. He was my MTC companion. It's going to be Great! I'm really excited, and I'm excited to really throw myself into loving the members, the missionaries, and the work. The last few months have been hard for a lot of reasons, I think. I'm starting to realize, however, that our confidence and faith and hope must be rooted in the Savior if they are going to go anywhere. I used to draw confidence and hope from successes and self comparison, from seeing my progress over time. As I've progressed in my mission, I've realized that who I am right now is probably more important. If I'm able to love and serve others with all I've got, that is the mark of that self confidence. If I'm striving to be like Jesus and being a christ powered missionary, then there is no more I can expect from myself. Granted, it's a complicated subject determining what that means, but on the whole if I feel that I am in line with the spirit and with my savior, then I know that I can take confidence.

The mission is getting really young this week. It's weird feeling like an older missionary, but exciting as well. I think this is the mark of a new chapter in my mission service, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us in the coming weeks and months. I love you all and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thanks,
Elder Brent Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment