Monday, March 15, 2010

Short letters are not fun ( Week 13 in Olomouc, Week 48 in Czech )

So, I promised I'd write more this week. somehow in writing president, printing papers, and getting things done, I've missed a bit. Highlights:

Monday night planning we felt inspired to go through the park contacting, finishing at 3:45 at the namesti. I personally knew we had to be there and, the next day I told that to Elder Nestman. We had a lesson in the park, and then realized it was 3:35. We started hurrying to the namesti. I just knew we had to be there exactly on time. Just as we reached the namesti, we spotted a recent new investigator who we had scheduled with for that night. He was surprised to see us and, just as he told us we needed to reschedule for another day, the tower struck on the 45 and the spirit told me He was the reason we came there on time.

Saturday was a slower day, but we were out to find that new investigator. We had a lot of negative experiences with people frustrated when talking to us, but we knew we were there for a reason. We had planned our contacting routes the night before and, when we went to our next area to find, we found a student from Kuwait who immediately started asking us questions about who God is. We sat down, taught him a lesson, and when we left the next person we talked to was just as interested. The Lord provides when we pay the price and have the right desires and intents.

I drank 2 liters of chocolate milk yesterday #1 because it was expiring, #2 it was chocolate milk. It's the simple things in life you treasure. Nate would be so proud :) Also want to wish my friends luck with the impending finals cram.

Love you all, and good luck this week!

Elder Brent Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment