Saturday, February 19, 2011

'Pozoruhodný týden', Translation 'Notable week' ( Week 37 in Prague, Week 97 in Czech )

Wow, I really don't know how to contain this last week. President Irwin had a surprise baptism, that was remarkable, a man named Tony who'd been waiting to be baptized for a long time but, due to circumstances, couldn't until this last week. Marian Boysyuk, a recent convert from the end of 2009, has his mission call to the England London mission. Ondrej from Ostrava (I remember teaching him, although he wasn't in my area) is going to the Toronto, Canada, Spanish Speaking mission. And another mission call for another member here is on it's way. That will make 5 missionaries in the last 5 months from this mission. Wow! I don't think I've seen that many missionaries out at once from my home ward!

What else...A boy named David from Spain came to Family Home Evening on monday. His uncle in LDS, and he's agreed to take lessons from me and Elder Foster (And Ondrej, he already speaks spanish). I don't remember much from Mr. Felix's 7th grade spanish primer, but I am ready for when he accepts a baptismal commitment: "Que Suerte!" :-)

In other news, the office has been very busy. Elder Olson, an area seventy, is here today for District Conference, and on Thursday Brother Wirthlin, the director of temporal affairs for Europe, was here. It looks like we might be moving offices soon, across the street to the former Hungarian embassy. President is keen to get a center for young adults opened, and we could renovate the office into such a center if we moved offices to the old embassy space across the street.

Actually, another neat event from this week: One of the church's treasurers for Europe, Brother Russell, came for a visit. He was opening some new bank accounts, and I got to participate in discussions to get the accounts opened. Brother Russell was a very pleasant individual, and I was very happy to spend time working with him.

Apart from that, we're getting ready to get some new mission vehicles to replace older ones, the mission home is getting repainted, the floors refinished, and it's district conference today and tomorrow. It'll be nice to just participate, I usually am asked to translate for English speakers at larger church meetings, so I'll sit in another room and listen to the talks and prayers over headphones.

It's good to be here. It's good to see what more can be done in a few weeks, and I'm grateful for that.
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment