Saturday, February 12, 2011

A quick note ( Week 36 in Prague, Week 96 in Czech )

It's been a good week, we had a baptism today in Prague. Elder Andersen baptized someone he'd taught for a long time before he switched areas in Prague from being Zone Leader to being an Assistant. President has been out of the office most of the week, he's insanely busy lately with conferences and other functions, so it was another week of holding everything together in the office.

I would like you all to know I understand how journal vouchers work now much better than I did when I started, and I can see why it is that plusses are minuses and minuses are plusses sometimes. We went finding yesterday, it was brilliant getting to stand on the namesti and admire the buildings, the people, the world around us, being able to bear direct testimony about the restoration, give out a book of mormon, and swap numbers with people. Such a breath of fresh air!

One thing I'd like to recommend to you all if you ever come to Prague is the Museum of Communism. I'm afraid I don't have the time to talk about what I saw when we went there last week, but I do have a brochure with the web address: www.museumofcommunism.com. The tour was simple, but really powerful, and it helped to give a deeper context to the people here than I'd been able to comprehend from just speaking with them.

Hope your week was great, mine was, and we've got much to do yet.

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment