Sunday, April 10, 2011

The End, or Good Things to Come

This is the last post for the blog. I'll be leaving it online for others to browse and peruse, in part because of a trip to the MTC I enjoyed last week on Thursday. Apparently one of the elders currently there looked up my blog before going and read everything he could, and it was a great support to him in getting ready. Others have commented on it's testimony strengthening value, and I'm glad I've been able to play some small role in strengthening others, even if I don't know the who's or the how's behind that influence. I do have to say that I'm immensely grateful for my mission experience, for the opportunities it's brought me, and I'm grateful for everything I've also had to sacrifice along the way. You can't count the cost when you first set out, and you can't count it when you finish either - not that it's uncountable, but that you simply shouldn't count it. Sacrifice and blessings from it aren't questions of "how much", it's a question of "how complete". When we make a sacrifice at 100% of something, we get 100% of the associated blessings (However the blessings are always richer than the sacrifice, so it's not an equal trade-off). In the great words of Elder Holland, "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." I know that is true, and I know that the experiences I have described in this blog are true and factual, and are only a sample of a myriad of experiences that have yet to make it beyond personal re-tellings and private journals. However, know that I love my mission and I would do it again if I got another letter in the mail. It is good to know that life has good things to come for all of us when we embrace Christ's gospel. He lives, and he is acutely aware of our personal circumstances, triumphs, and struggles. But, with Him, we will conquer all things.

(Elder) Brent Anderson

PS - To follow the continuing adventures of Brent Anderson, please visit my new blog, Planet Brent at http://planetbrent.blogspot.com, or look me up on Twitter @brentj84062 or Facebook.com/brentj84062.

No comments:

Post a Comment