Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The last week at the MTC (Ready to Soar)

It's my last week at the MTC, and if I were to not grow another inch in the next 23 months (Yes, 23 - Czech missionaries get an extra month, apparently :D) then I will be very blessed indeed. Really, it's been that good. The spiritual growth, understanding, and preparation really arms those present in these halls to be able to accomplish anything asked of them in any context. I know hard days will come, and I know not everyone will want to hear or even like to hear. I won't share some of the experiences my teachers have had in the country, but it's safe to say that the Lord protects His servants from every kind of danger. Even so, it's what we are called to experience. But, all of us can take faith and hope in the fact that there IS a God in Heaven who loves us, that He DOES have a plan for us, and that ANYONE may receive this plan if they do as he asks. It's so great to be here! And, in the words of two sister missionaries who recently wrote us from Prague, "It's 30 billion times better here!" Wow, what a quote? 30 billion? I've met these sisters before, and they're not apt to use inaccurate language. I'm very excited.

This week was marked with devotionals, studies, prayers, fasting, and contact with a man who was ready to hear the Gospel. His name was Daniel, and he went to a nondenominational church. In calling for a lamb of God video (It's Easter and it's a popular request), I talked to him about the Book of Mormon, the Restoration, the Bible, and how it all fits together. He knew it was all true, practically bore testimony to me that it was true, and wanted to meet with missionaries, go to church, and find out more. He was so earnest and eager to learn more! What a contrast to the man the week before, who had "known" so much but wouldn't hear of my message? That difference of faith and humility is incredible!

I take off next Tuesday for Washington DC, whereupon I go to Vienna, and then Prague. About a 30 hour journey including layovers. I'm excited to go, though!

Good luck to you all! I pray for you always!

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment