Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More of Brent in the MTC

Day 5
Hello Everyone!

This is my first letter home to everyone from the MTC. I've been here for almost one week, and it's a blast. I just can't believe how fast things go, but how much work we cram into a single day. In four days of classroom instruction, we've learned to pronounce Czech, can pray, bear testimony, and meet with people. All in Czech. Not to mention all the vocabulary. Wow. I had no idea it was going to come at me this fast, but it's very exciting having so much to learn and grow from.

My spolechnik (companion), Starshi Nestman, is from South Jordan. He swam state in High School and is absolutely hilarious. I learn a lot from him every day, and I think I've been a positive influence on him as well. It's already second nature to call everyone by their proper title, and it's a great comfort having someone to struggle through the language/learning with.

It's very neat being two of the three Czech missionaries at the MTC, too. The third is a sister missionary, Sestra Reese, who has the best sense of humor. In all the stress and pressure to learn a language and become comfortable teaching the Truth to anyone we meet, it's great having Sestra Reese and Starshi Nestman around to take off the pressure.

I've taken some pictures that will (hopefully) get home soon. Still trying to figure that one out. In the mean time, I hope you all have a great time and I'll be writing again soon. I'm only allowed to email family, so send any letters you may have for me to:

Elder Brent Anderson
MTC Mailbox #88
CZE-PRA 0406
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Everything's going well here, the food's great, the people are wonderful, and the Spirit permeates everything. No other environment in the world would be able to foster such progress in such a variety of people, and It's perfect that the MTC has been perfected over the years to where you can become a finely tuned instrument for the cause of proclaiming the Truth to everybody.

Chao! (It's a shame, you can't spell things in czech properly on this keyboard. That has a letter that doesn't exist in english in it.)
Starshi Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment