Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 2 at the MTC

It has been said by many a missionary that the weeks are days and the days are weeks at the MTC. Tis true, tis true. It seems like just yesterday that we went to the temple and got a new district of elders. Turns out that was last week and we're coming around for another week at the MTC.

I'm running short on eMail time, unfortunately. Not much has changed apart from the testimony, understanding of my relationship with Christ and our Father in Heaven, the Language (cases rock, by the way), and the rapidity which information is delivered and asimilated by everyone in the district. We all have such a powerful faith in the gospel that we move through topics and study very quickly. My companion, Starsi Nestman, and I have come to understand and love each other more. The next 9 weeks are looking very exciting, bright, and hopeful.

Now for the important message: I want you all to know something I realized this morning after going to the temple and when studying the scriptures. I was talking to Sister Reese, the only sister going to the Czech replublic this transfer, and suddenly realized that by committing ourselves completely to the service of The Master, we are emulating him. I can't stress enough (in the 50 seconds I have left writing this) how important it is that we become like him. My sacrifice of time isn't about me anymore. It's all about the people in the country. I'm spending my time for them.

Spend time studying chapter six of Preach My Gospel. Family home evening, as a couple, anything! Just do it and emulate the savior.

Love you all,

Starsi Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment