Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Transfer! ( Week 18 in Olomouc, Week 53 in Czech )

Wow, it's already been another transfer. Elder Nestman is headed off to Bohemia again and I'll be staying here in Olomouc serving with Elder McGowan. He's a six-monther in the mission right now, and I'm really excited to work with him. He's a spiritual fireball, from what I'm told, and after having served in Prague for 6 months it will be great for him to bring his perspective to the work here in Olomouc. They've turned the mission on it's head, bringing in a member from Liberec to serve as a missionary for at least the next transfer, sticking two jr. companions together, and throwing our zone another 4 of the 7 new czech missionaries. Also, they've abolished the Brno zone, moving Brno into our zone. So, in a nutshell, we've doubled our size and halved our experience. But hey! That's what the spirit is for. Our compliment of missionaries totals now at 20 in our zone plus two senior couples. Overall, exciting. This does mean that my home address hasn't changed (and I promise I'll get some letters off soon!)

So, it's been a crazy transfer. I've had a lot of ups and downs, we've seen a lot of miracles and a lot of struggles. But I think it's lined me up for one of the best transfers of my mission right now. I look at the next nine weeks, and I personally believe that the most important thing I can learn in the next nine weeks will be to come closer to the savior and to share Him and His message with everyone. It's going to be a real blast loving the members that much more and serving people that much more, and I am confident that we'll be seeing some amazing things come out of it in the very near future.

Got to wrap this up and get off to work again, our working day starts early today with a PhD director who works at the town hall. It's going to be neat.

Have a great day, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Elder Brent Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment