Friday, March 25, 2011

More Ferris

Ferris Bueller's day off

In interest of sharing the whole story when it comes to this five star experience we are having, I have penned an addendum to my dad's post. I am sitting here in my five star bath robe and my five star bath slippers after having a five star bath with five star water and five star soap. This place is amazing!!! I feel guilty staying here after sleeping on ancient missionary mattresses in old, decaying buildings. The people here are always looking for ways to help us, from sharing tips on food and ATMs to offering to set up reservations for dinner. The hotel itself is in the heart of Bratislava and is close to everything. 

Now, when it comes to dinner tonight, we looked everywhere for a place with good prices and light food. Then, we spotted a nice Mediterranean establishment. We walked in and a man dressed in a chef's outfit asked us if we wanted smoking or nonsmoking. We opted for the latter, and he took us to a private elevator. When the doors opened, a man that looked like George Clooney's long-lost twin helped my mom take her coat off and the seated us at a table of our choice, complete with tumbler, wine glass, snifter, and a full place setting for a three course meal. His sidekick, who was not dressed in Mr. Clooney's same suit, tie, and euro shoes but in a white chef sort of outfit as well, offered us a vintage bottle of la pellegrini mineral water. They then hovered over us, filling our glasses and bringing out our simple salad order (all we had was the mineral water and salad), ensuring our every wish was met. I must confess I feel out of place in the midst of all this, however it is still very thrilling to experience. It is definitely another "mission first" and I highly recommend it. It is so choice.

Earlier today was great. We dropped by the local branch president's house to say hi, and it was good to see Třebíč again and say hello to Iva and the missionaries. And we did go to Austria singing the Barber of Seville across the border. Highly satisfying I must say. 

Well, we are about to trundle off to bed. It is quite pleasant here, and I am looking forward to the remainder of our trip. It is coming up very quickly, and I am excited to come home.

S láskou,
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment