Friday, March 18, 2011

Springtime in Prague (Week 41 in Prague, Week 101 in Czech )

Well, here we are live blogging in Prague. This is Elder Anderson still. My parents are here safe and sound but I'm afraid that after a brisk 10km tour of Prague, they are pretty tired and are sound asleep.

You know, it's interesting seeing your parents again after two years. I've changed a lot, they've changed a lot, and they've started briefing me on what's been going on at home and in the world at large. I'm pleased to report that much of it I was already aware of, either through hearsay or letters from home over the last few...years. It hit me today that I've been 21 1/2 for a while now. Amazing how time flies. At any rate, it's great to see them both and that they're still the same despite the time and the distance, that some things perhaps do stay the same.

I've been getting a lot of "Elder Anderson, you just finished your mission! What are you going to do now?" questions. I can't say that I've decided yet. Truth be told, I committed myself to not worry about it too much until I get on that plane in just over a week. I will be at BYU in the fall, working in the mean time. And playing. I don't think I've had a proper break in years, and it will be good to make some memories.

We'll be blogging in the meantime as we go. Hopefully we can find some way to get some photos up, however my dad brought an iPad, and I don't think we can stick photos on it from here. Then again, this thing has cameras in all sorts of unusual places, so I'm sure we can work something out. I do have to say, though, that this iPad thing is cool but scary. I'm having trouble finding the mouse, since the only computers I've seen here are in old Internet cafes and libraries...but it's good to be with my parents, and I'm very excited to see the rest of those familiar faces from home. :)

Elder Brent Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment